Tuesday 8 September 2015

3 Music Video Idea's

Music Idea 1



I love this track, it is one of my favourite songs to listen too. It is quirky and trendy, which means a video which matches these themes (exactly what I want to do). There is a lot of different sections of the song, from heavy rap, to a cool under beat and then to the capturing first 10 seconds. 

The Artist Vision? 

My artist for this song would be a rapper, someone who is under ground, really music orientated and alternative. This means he would appeal to younger crowds from ages from 17-30. My main aim would be to make him 'cool', that kind of cool that he is not trying to act cool. 
His E.P and website would be minimalistic, almost to say that he is a stripped back artist. 

Examples : 



Kayne West as an artist in some ways is a good example of an artist. Although, the artist I would present would not be as high maintenance and so it the spotlight. He will be for a much more alternative and underground audience. I love this album cover because it is stripped back and dynamic. 

The Music Video Vision

This video will have black and white as its main colour scheme, and a lot of use of silhouettes. A white bright backdrop and the people in the video will be blacked out, focussing on the shapes and composition of every shot. This will be really cool to use in dance parts.  

It will be very stylised and all  in the studio. 

As I said before I want to have a video which involves a dancer. So what I imagine is a girl dancer in the video, she will be covered in glitter body paint. Here is a few examples of the kind of lighting and the glitter body paint I imagine = 




Examples of body paint for the main girl.The photograph on the right is a little over exaggerated but it does give you the idea. The left photograph is mostly what I would want to be going for. This would be mostly used in the start of the song with the female voice coming through. I picture a girl with a really capturing and beautiful face. 



Shots of the main artist will show him walking round the studio against a stronger white background than this example from Drake ft Rihanna's Take Care of You video. I love how this video just has shots of Drake walking around reciting the lyrics. This is simple but still looks cool. 

Music Idea 2



This song is very technical but a very quirky version of Britney's original version of Toxic. Its is different and quirky version of the song considering it is a remix as well. 


The Artist Vision? 

I want a trendy young artist, female, with a particular look. I imagine her to be edgy with clothing choices, very colourful. Almost like the very original FKA Twigs. She has her own look and a dynamic type of music. Also she is not crazily in the spotlight so it works well. This artist does not make music to sell to the masses but she sells it for a young artistic audience, like FKA Twigs.





The Music Video Vision


I imagine this video will use a shoot by a lake or some sort of outdoor area where there is water. This will include shots of the girl with wet hair, this will give her a stripped back look, and will work if she is naturally beautiful.

Also studio work will involve her in a bath filled with glitter, throughout the video she will through it all over the place. This is an idea from Rihanna's Stay video, I love the shots in the bath. Although I want to make it quirkier by using glitter.

Two contemporary dancers will dance against each other in the studio, a girl and a boy. Example -



This video is so cool withe dancing shots and I would love to do something like this, with dancers expressing the lust in the song with their routine.

I was thinking of having a set covered in mirrors and coloured lights to try and pull off this effect.



Music Idea 3

Lykke Li mixed by Kleerup's Until We Bleed is a very beautiful song. Once again it is very quirky. This song compared to my other choices is more of a dance song.

The Artist Vision?


I imagine the artist to be a band of four people, one girl and the rest boys. This will identify the girl as the singer. The will be styled in and indie rock look.

Examples?

London Grammar!


This group make beautiful and cool music. They are very musically 
gifted and make a particular identifiable sound. 


This album cover portrays them to be very artistic, indie and 
'all about the music'. This is what my band would be marketed 
like.

Music Video Vision?



I had inspiration for set design with an artist called Basenji.  I love the way they have the plants all around the studio set dripping with water. The pool of water that she is standing in is something I also think looks very visually interesting. This is what I want to take away from this. The water is perfect because of the noises in my song which sounds like water drops, this underlying pounding beat in my video idea can make the water ripple to the song. 
The whole band would surrounded by all the plants playing the music while the main girl stands in the middle singing in a spotlight. The idea of projections over lying them also is also quite interesting. 


For the secondary ideas for this project I want there to be a story of a boy and girl in different locations packing there stuff and running away to  be together. They will both be around seventeen-eighteen. They will both rush into studio built bedrooms to pack their case quickly. Throughout the journey she runs through a large forrest, he hitches lifts, they try everything in their power. One of my main visions is passing through a corn field. This whole story is connecting to the song because the lyrics speak of two people loving each other until they bleed.

The whole colour scheme for this video would be cold blues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment